Lost Limbs Foundation

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Today we have a brand new, kick ass, stone chamber story. I just received an email from a gentleman from Massachusetts. If you are a fan of the mysteries of Ancient America, I encourage you to share these posts so more people can get the information and report stories like this. Because archaeology is too busy hammering round pegs into square holes, anomalies like these stone structures are not brought to the public's attention. There is no context or dialogue about them so they are lost to the mists of history. On Friday night, America Unearthed did an episode on stone chambers, with a focus on a chamber in Pennsylvania. I have edited out some info. to protect the privacy of the person involved. What follows is an email I just received.
"Dear Jim, My wife and I recently watched your documentary video about the ancient mound structures in New England. The video was fascinating. We shared it with all of our friends. We have lived in Massachus...
See More
Today we have a brand new, kick ass, stone chamber story. I just received an email from a gentleman from Massachusetts.  If you are a fan of the mysteries of Ancient America, I encourage you to share these posts so more people can get the information and report stories like this. Because archaeology is too busy hammering round pegs into square holes, anomalies like these stone structures are not brought to the public's attention. There is no context or dialogue about them so they are lost to the mists of history. On Friday night, America Unearthed did an episode on stone chambers, with a focus on a chamber in Pennsylvania. I have edited out some info. to protect the privacy of the person involved. What follows is an email I just received.
 "Dear Jim, My wife and I recently watched your documentary video about the ancient mound structures in New England.  The video was fascinating.  We shared it with all of our friends.  We have lived in Massachusetts for 23 years and have personally seen many of these sites in the region.  7 years ago, I was building our new home and found a pile of stones  that I was going to harvest for ornamental landscaping.  At first, I thought it was just an old pile of stones left by colonials clearing the fields.  But, after removing several stones, I realized that this was some type of structure that had been buried in the earth.  So, out of curiosity, my friend Mike and I began to excavate the site, and realized it was quite a significant man-made structure that could have been buried for thousands of years.  It did not appear to be colonial in any manner.  It has a massive stone top about 10 ft x 10 ft and 2 columns that go deep into the earth – farther than we could dig up at the time.  It has an opening on the East and West side, perfectly in line with the solstice – just as you noted in your video.  Old man (edited), who we  bought the property from, had no knowledge of this.  The land had been in their family for a couple hundred years.  I have shown the site to many people, but no one has any idea of what it was or its purpose.  I was hoping that you might be curious enough to come take a look and give me your professional opinion.  I am also interested in talking with you about some of the other topics you brought up regarding the giant people."       I then asked what the thickness of the 10x10 stone was and the thickness of the support columns, the reply I just received was "The top stone, I would guess, is 6 – 10 inches thick – it has been a while since I have been out there.  The 2 upright support columns are massive.  They appear to be granite and are almost 2 feet thick."  #America Unearthed